If your work places you within a warehouse or laboratory of some type, it is second nature to have the proper fire safety systems in place at all times. No one thinks twice about ensuring that a fire sprinkler system is installed and a fire extinguisher is nearby in case something goes wrong. However, if your job places you within a vehicle, whether it be part of a bus fleet or a piece of construction equipment, fire safety could be farther in your mind. Just like working in a warehouse, you want to be sure that your vehicle has the proper systems in place to help protect and prevent fires. A vehicle suppression system helps provide that necessary protection for your vehicle.
What can Cause a Vehicle Fire?
- Paper and other combustible materials reach the exhaust and ignite
- Leaking hydraulic fluid caused by an abrasion against the hydraulic line
- Wiring near the battery shorts and ignites
- Natural gas or fuel ignites
- Electrical cables short and ignite
What can a Vehicle Suppression System Do?
- No one knows how they will react in the case of a vehicle fire. A vehicle suppression system can detect and suppress the fire to allow the driver and passenger’s time to safely exit the vehicle.
- Without a vehicle suppression system, your vehicle could be overcome by flames in a matter of minutes. This type of damage can cost a large amount of money, or completely total your vehicle. A vehicle suppression system helps contain the fire to minimize the amount of damage that occurs.
- A vehicle suppression system will not only protect your vehicle, but your business as well. This system will help reduce the chance of major vehicle damage, which means your business can continue to run smoothly.
At Fireline, we offer an array of portable fire extinguishers and fire alarm systems to keep commercial buildings safe. Fireline offers the highest quality alarm systems to keep your business safe from fires and carbon monoxide poisoning. We also offer fire suppression systems as well to help keep commercial fires controlled should they break out. Our trained technicians will work with you to determine which air sampling smoke detection system is best for your business. We will also help install and maintain the system for your commercial building.