Knowing the use and application of a campus fire alarm system is very important. Having a quality fire alarm system can save lives and prevent severe damage to campus property during a fire.
Fireline Corporation is here to help your campus make the right decisions when selecting a fire alarm system. Read the following fire emergency management tips to have a proper fire system protect staff, students and campus property:
- Incorporate Automatic Sprinklers in both new and existing dorm buildings. This will strengthen fire suppression in situations where occupant arousal and alerting are more challenging such as a fire breaking in sleeping corridors in the middle of the night.
- Use Voice Evacuation systems to alert building occupants. This paging system can serve as another form of supervision when an active emergency happens on campus.
- Make sure the campus fire alarm system reports to a central head-end. When a fire alarm system is connected with network technology it can expand its ability to provide fire safety services to your college’s growing campus community. Read our article on Campus Fire Safety: The Concerns of Fire Respondents and How To Improve Safety for more details.
- Be sure all UL-listed equipment is code compliant.
- Finally, be knowledgeable about the new version of NFPA. It will come out in 2013 and you need to prepare your campus now to start adopting some of these new codes.
If you need reliable Fire Alarm Systems installed today, let Fireline Corporations be your fire system provider.
Building fire alarm systems range from small, conventional systems to large computer based intelligent, networked systems. Fireline Corporation can provide the analysis; design and installation of systems best suited to provide a reliable, code compliant and cost effective solution. Fireline also can furnish and install mass notification alerting systems for commercial, industrial and educational facilities.
Fireline has been providing these systems for over 30 years and is known as the region’s leader in special hazards and clean agent suppression technology.
We are a Maryland corporation founded in 1947 by John S. Waters. Fireline remains a pioneer in the fledgling fire equipment distribution business and we have grown to encompass all facets of fire protection. Our Totally Integrated Protection Solutions provide you with a wide variety of services. We can design, install, inspect, or service any type of fire protection system. From fire alarms to fire extinguisher, we do it all.