Fireline is a leader in the design, installation and testing of water mist and hybrid water mist systems. Water mist systems work by atomizing water so that very fine water spray suppress or extinguish a fire by cooling of the flame. The evaporation of water during the process also displaces oxygen, further helping suppression.
There are two types of water mist systems:
- Pressure water mist systems which utilize pumps to create pressure in the delivery system to form a fine spray or mist at the discharge device
- Hybrid water mist which uses both water spray and an inert gas that combines and maximizes the best attributes of each
Both types of systems are extremely efficient in extinguishing fires. A single sprinkler head on a standard wet pipe sprinkler system discharges approximately 30 gallons of water per minute, the equivalent of a bathtub full of water. Water mist systems discharge between 70%-90% less water per minute. Water mist systems are “three dimensional”. This means the cooling effect of the fog can penetrate obstructions that traditional sprinklers cannot. Hybrid water mist systems use even less water and develop droplets up to 100 times smaller than pressure water mist systems. This provides improved heat absorption and nearly zero wetting in the protected area.
Water mist systems are especially suited to protect high value assets. This includes electrical switchgear, control rooms, railway vehicles, historic and cultural facilities, archival storage, generator enclosures, mission critical facilities, food manufacturing and other businesses where continuity is vital.
Fireline is an authorized factory representative for the following products:
- Victaulic Vortex Hybrid Water Mist Systems
- Marioff HI-FOG Water Mist Systems
- Ultra Fog Water Mist Systems
- Fogmaker Vehicle Water Mist Systems