Portable fire extinguishers must be inspected and tagged on an annual basis. Dry chemical fire extinguishers require special maintenance known as “6 Year Maintenance” which, as the name implies, requires a full internal inspection of the unit every six (6) years. This procedure includes removing and replacing the fire extinguishing agent. These units must be hydrotested every twelve (12) years. Carbon Dioxide (CO²) fire extinguishers do not require six (6) year maintenance but must be hydrotested every five (5) years. Please see National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Standard 10, Portable Fire Extinguishers, for detailed information.
All repair work and hydrostatic testing is done in our DOT certified maintenance shop by Fireline employees. We do not subcontract any of our services. In fact, other fire protection companies use Fireline for fire extinguisher repairs and container certifications.
Fireline offers the following services:
- Annual Automatic Service Plan – Fireline will automatically schedule your annual fire extinguisher inspection well in advance of the expiration date
- Bar Coding of fire extinguishers for recordkeeping and inventory control
- Fire extinguisher surveys at no additional charge
- Mobile recharge capability
- Guaranteed Next Day Service for empty fire extinguishers
- Our shop staff can repair large capacity industrial wheeled fire extinguishers
For a more detailed explanation of portable fire extinguisher service and inspection requirements please click on the “Fire Extinguisher Brochure” link.