On a University campus, disaster can hit at any moment – natural disasters, terrorist activities and even campus fires.
During these times of emergency, it’s important to have a reliable means of communication to report critical information to all on campus. This communication system can be the difference between life and death.
What type of communication is necessary for fire safety and life safety on campus? The answer is a mass notification system.
Towson University is a client of Fireline Corporation. We designed Towson University’s mass notification system.
With a mass notification system, communicating with students and staff in an emergency is made easy and truly saves lives.
Towson University has over 40 buildings and 328 acres.
When lives are at stake, nothing can be taken to chance.
The mass notification system we installed on Towson University’s campus features a text message system that alerts students, staff, parents and anyone who has signed up for notification alerts. The text message system has proven its ability to reach a large portion of Towson’s population. But to fully alert the community of an emergency, we went beyond a text message system and created a comprehensive solution.
Here are the additional features of Fireline’s Mass Notification System:
1.The mass notification includes an outdoors public address system that comes from five speaker towers to provide campus wide coverage.
2. There’s mass notification within the campus buildings. Fireline connected the emergency voice/ alarm communications (EVAC systems) together to provide Towson University the opportunity to make campus wide announcements from a single location on campus.
3. Fireline designed a combination fire alarm/ Mass Notification System with one point of monitoring and control. This did not only improve fire safety and life safety but it also saved the school a substantial sum of time and money on campus safety.
4. Every campus buildings’ system has fire alarm and mass notification protection. All of them are tied together to form a centralized, campus wide control.
Since Fireline has completed the mass notification system on Towson University’s campus, the campus has benefited in a variety of ways.
- The campus now has a self-monitoring system that immediately alerts central monitoring personnel about critical issues such as loose wires or detector tampering that could compromise the mass notification system functionality.
- The school now has a mass notification system with survivability design. What does that mean? It means that one part of the network could be damaged during a catastrophic event but it won’t put remaining components in jeopardy of operating properly.
- The mass notification system has exceptional clarity in its communications. Its design can eliminate background noise to make sure all at risks of danger are accurately informed during an emergency.
- Most importantly, Fireline provides regular inspections, testing, and maintenance of the mass notification system.
Fireline can design, furnish and install all types of Fire Alarm Systems and Mass Notification systems. Learn about our Fire Alarms and Mass Notification systems here.
We are a Maryland corporation founded in 1947 by John S. Waters. Fireline remains a pioneer in the fledgling fire equipment distribution business and we have grown to encompass all facets of fire protection. We can design, install, inspect, or service any type of fire protection system. From fire alarm to fire extinguisher, we do it all.
If you have any questions about fire equipment, or other Fireline products and services, contact Fireline by calling 410.247.1422 or click here today!
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter as well!